Need for Container Test Lab
Currently India is experiencing the COVID-19 pandemic. The entire country is vulnerable and the statistics of infected and affected people is growing day by day. As on 27.3.2020; we have capacity to test only 15000 samples/ day all over India and we will need many more test facilities in rural India too, practically in every district.
Hence, Arena Consultants (Lab Architects), Sciencebydesign Labsystems Pvt Ltd (Turnkey lab construction company) & Firstsource Laboratory Solutions (Lab equipment company) have come together to design and develop a Portable Container Test Lab setup for testing COVID-19 virus. It is our sincere attempt of setting up such facilities for the benefit of our fellow countrymen.
- This is a PORTABLE / MOBILE/ CONTAINER Lab setup for testing COVID19
- Lab set-up will be done in Container of size- 20'-0" x 8'-0" and can be transported to any location in India
- Lab design is done considering CDC guidelines, GMPP (Good microbiological practice and procedure) and WHO Guidelines
- It will have the capacity to carry out testing of 300 samples per day in 12 hours
- Sample collection will primarily be from hospitals and it is assumed that they are delivered to this centre in batches
- It is considered that the testing will be done via government approved 'KITS' only
- The lab is designed as a negative pressure lab and will have the provision of AHU with fresh air supply. The entry will be through air lock.
- Container has been furnished with storage for all PPE's at the entry point and with under counter storages for reagents etc inside the lab.
- Lab has space planning all necessary equipments: Fridge, frost free freezer, centrifuges, vortex mixer, certified class II BSC Type A2, real time PCR with work station, autoclave etc
- Discard area is segregated from main lab and all waste will be treated as bio-hazard waste as per PCB guidelines.